To teach sanitation experts, community officers who are from Ecosan projects, water institutions and NGO’s on training concepts and good practises of Ecosan.
Participants attended: 17.
Participants of the workshops were from water companies, water board, beneficiaries of some existing ecosan projects, NGOs working in grass root level.
Agenda of Workshop:
- Wrap-up Field Trip, facilitated by Mr. Wafler (seecon gmbh) and Ms. Thakur (ESF-India).
- National Sanitation Policies/strategies (Input presentation & Discussion), facilitated by Mr. Onyango (GTZ).
- Community Participation (Group Work & Consolidation) facilitated by Mr. Wafler (seecon gmbh) & Mr. Osumba (GTZ-ecosan).
- Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) Campaign in Africa & Asia (Input Presentations & Discussion), facilitated by Mr. Otieno (Plan Intern-ational) & Ms. Thakur (ESF India).
- Social Marketing for Behaviour Change, facilitated by Ms. Thakur (ESF-India).
- Monitoring & Evaluation (Groupwork & Consolidation), facilitated by Mr. Wakala (GTZ-ecosan) & Mr. Wafler (seecon gmbh).
-Initiation of Capacity Building Initiatives (Input Presentation), facilitated by Ms. Thakur (ESF-India).
- Financing of ecosan Activities in Kenya (Facilitated Group Discussion), facilitated by Mr. Wafler (seecon gmbh) & facilitation of group discussion by Ms Thakur (ESF-India).
Participants performing a role play on promotion of ecosan, photo by M. Marfler, 2010.
•A diversified group of participants was present for the workshop.
• Very active participation from all the participants.
• Major emphasis was on financing from government.
• Some subjects like social marketing and initiation of capacity building approach was new to them.
• Participants expressed need of such program in future.